SIngle study module
The Essentials of Posture & System Integrity
This module promotes deep learning about why posture is the first pillar of health and how Ken Ware NeuroPhysics Therapy uses that knowledge.
Listen to the module orientation by Dr. Sara Ross
Features of Ken Ware NeuroPhysics Therapy online learning modules
60 days* to complete your online learning activities, plus up to 15 more days to access the instructor feedback and guidance on your final assignments (total of 75 days of online access)
What you will learn
- You will learn why posture is about much more than just standing up straight, and why it directly impacts everything from emotions, to alertness, to disease and disorders.
- You will learn why the maintenance of good posture is essential for the proper functioning of the human nervous system and our physical and emotional integrity.
- You will learn how posture affects our perception of our environment, and be able to analyze posture-related connections with common experiences like lethargy, stress, joy, and depression.
- You will hone skills to observe postural impacts on yourself and others.
- Your learning from this module is foundational for learning Ken Ware NeuroPhysics Therapy methods and helping people to optimize their physical and emotional health and well-being.
Key learning objectives
- Regularly observe traits in your own and others’ posture.
- Analyze posture-related connections with common experiences like lethargy, stress, joy, depression, and others.
- Explain the health connections among postural tone, perceptions, and sensory awareness.
- Explain how the system’s processing of information connects posture with emotion, metabolism, and one’s perception of the environment.
- Explain why Ken Ware NeuroPhysics Therapy uses knowledge of connections among (a) growth and protective states, (b) gating and information flow, and (c) common areas of vigilance during exercises.
- Apply the notion of embodied cognition to explain posture’s role in health and dis-ease.
The estimated completion time varies by topic and by individual study styles, reading and typing speeds, and native language. Completion time estimates range from a low of perhaps 12 hours for a few of the modules, to a high of perhaps 25-30 hours, depending on the module. All modules are presented in U.S. English.
The minimum score to pass individual assignments and tests is 80%. Successful completion of a module earns a Certificate of Completion from Neurotricional Sciences Education Pty. Ltd.