SIngle study module
Introduction to Ageing Conditions
This introduction to ageing and its often-related health conditions and disorders lays foundations to understand why positive expectations can replace common “foregone conclusions” about ageing.
Listen to the module orientation by Dr. Sara Ross
Features of NPT's online learning modules
60 days* to complete your online learning activities, plus up to 15 more days to access the instructor feedback and guidance on your final assignments (total of 75 days of online access).
What you will learn
- By learning about conditions associated with the ageing process, you will learn why progressive impairment in these mechanisms results in a reduced capacity to adapt to stress and reduced system complexity.
- We will examine the reasons for that kind of progressive loss, including the environmental influences of social contexts, all of which inform how we will work with ageing clients.
- You will learn why changes while ageing vary widely among people.
- This module prepares you to learn how NeuroPhysics Therapy addresses the physiology of stress and ageing by increasing healthy system complexity to change common ageing conditions for the better.
Key learning objectives
- 1. Describe how and why the human system ages, and explain why the rate of ageing is different from one person to another.
- Explain the relationship between people’s rates of ageing and their posture, emotions, and perceptions of environment.
- Digest resources on diseases and disorders related to ageing.
- Apply learnings from this module to your own life experience and observations.
The estimated completion time varies by topic and by individual study styles, reading and typing speeds, and native language. Completion time estimates range from a low of perhaps 12 hours for a few of the modules, to a high of perhaps 25-30 hours, depending on the module. All modules are presented in U.S. English.
The minimum score to pass individual assignments and tests is 80%. Successful completion of a module earns a Certificate of Completion from Neurotricional Sciences Education Pty. Ltd.