SIngle study module
Allostasis - Stability through Change
This module introduces allostasis, which explains how our bodies achieve stability through change, including how they adapt to chronic stress.
Listen to the module orientation by Dr. Sara Ross
Features of NPT's online learning modules
*60 days to complete your online learning activities, plus up to 15 more days to access the instructor feedback and guidance on your final assignments (total of 75 days of online access)
What you will learn
- You will learn how our brain/body systems adapt and mal-adapt in our daily environments, and how our nervous systems conduct basic stress responses.
- The module introduces how addiction and autoimmune diseases and disorders evidence the stress of chronic allostatic load, and it introduces what NeuroPhysics Therapy (NPT) research showed about the amount of time it can take to recover from even brief stress events.
- You will practice observing and analyzing allostatic adjustments in your own experience.
- Finally, because NPT has successfully treated numerous people with autoimmune diseases and disorders for many years, you will connect this learning about allostasis with how NPT methods engage the person’s whole system to achieve healthy stability through transforming their systems’ customary responses to chronic stress.
Key learning objectives
- Explain why and when our bodily systems maintain certain kinds of stability through a range of “sameness.”
- Explain why and when our systems maintain stability in changing conditions through processes of change.
- Recognize the two types of allostatic overload.
- Analyze situations that give rise to allostatic overload.
- Practice recognizing characteristics of allostasis.
The estimated completion time varies by topic and by individual study styles, reading and typing speeds, and native language. Completion time estimates range from a low of perhaps 12 hours for a few of the modules, to a high of perhaps 25-30 hours, depending on the module. All modules are presented in U.S. English.
The minimum score to pass individual assignments and tests is 80%. Successful completion of a module earns a Certificate of Completion from Neurotricional Sciences Education Pty. Ltd.